Friday, April 8, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
But, seeing that I needed something more versatile than a Facebook fan page, I revamped it. It looks much nicer now, and is now going to act as a "headquarters" web page for all my other stuff on the internet.
Now I just need to figure out how to get people to know about it!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
- The world's name, Atanoah, name means "World of Fires."
- It has 8 continents (determined more by political importance than geographical size), three of them being part of a chain of very large islands that circles the globe.
- Over 70% of the surface is ocean.
- Over 90% of the surface is covered by the Great Cloud, which resembles nuclear fall-out.
- The Cloud interferes with electrical operations, radio transmissions, and can cause severe psychological and physiological effects after prolonged exposure.
- There are approximately 125 Elements, or Core Fires, around the world that give Atanoah its name.
- Each Element burns off a radius of anywhere from 100 to 250 kilometers (65-160 miles) of the Cloud. Most are found in groups of three to seven, resulting in much larger openings in the Cloud (which is what accounts for the ~10% of the surface that’s habitable). These habitable areas are called Light Regions.
- There are 9 major nation states, some in political control of others. They are all located in Light Regions.
- To facilitate transportation between Light Regions, an orbital network was built, called the Sky Highway.
- The Highway is made up of a network of over 30 "nodes" (massive, city-sized space-stations in orbit), all connected to each other by "Bridgeway cables," some many thousands of kilometers long.
- Unlike objects in normal orbit, the nodes of the Highway have near-normal gravity, due to a clever mechanical arrangement of how they are suspended in orbit (more information is in the "Brave Nodes" note, which gives details on how the Highway works).